4th ACM Conference on Information-Centric Networking (ICN 2017), Sep. 26-28, 2017
Call for Tutorials
Following last year’s successful tutorials, ACM ICN 2017 solicits proposals for half- or full-day tutorials on topics relevant to the ICN research that can help the audience gain further understanding of this new and exciting area. In particular, we seek tutorials on intermediate and advanced topics of critical importance to the maturing ICN field (such as, but not limited to, applied cryptography, or technological advances for ICN, or application of ICN to specific fields such as IoT), offered through collaboration between ICN researchers and experts in other domains.
Tutorials may be lectures, hands-on training, or any combination of the above. Exploring diverse ways of interacting with the audience is welcome, as are cross-disciplinary topics.
Tutorial proposals should be submitted in PDF format, not exceeding three (3) pages in total. Note that short biographies of the trainers can be added as appendix. A single PDF file should be sent to the workshop/tutorial chairs.
Proposals must include:
- A motivation for the tutorial (why this, why now, why at ICN 2017?)
- An outline of the tutorial content, including its tentative schedule (over the half-day or full-day)
- The type of tutorial (e.g., lecture vs. hands-on)
- References to previous iterations of the tutorial (if applicable) including their date, venue, topics and number of participants and the motivation for the new proposal
- Requirements for the tutorial room (please note that our capabilities in fulfilling unusual requests are limited)
- Requirements for the tutorial room
- Requirements for the attendees (e.g., must bring own laptop or other hardware, familiarity with certain technologies or topics, etc.)
- Any other limitations (e.g., number of participants)
- Any limitations (e.g., number of participants).
- Detailed biographies of the trainers (not part of the page limit).
- Upon acceptance of a tutorial proposal, either the tutorial co-chair or the tutorial speakers can request a cancelation of the tutorial if there is clear evidence indicating low attendance of the tutorial by the early registration deadline.
July 16, 2017
July 24, 2017
Notification of Acceptance