3rd ACM Conference on Information-Centric Networking (ICN 2016), Sept. 26-28, 2016
Camera Ready Instructions
The final camera-ready instructions will be provided soon and authors of accepted papers will be notified by email. Here are some preliminary instructions and guidelines to help authors prepare their camera-ready papers.
Before submitting camera-ready papers, authors of accepted papers will need to complete the rights management form. You will be notified once these forms are available and ready to sign.
After completing their rights management form, authors will be emailed the correct rights management text and bibliographic strip to place within their paper. It is essential that authors enter the text into their paper.
As rights management emails are sent from an automated system, there is a chance that emails sent will wind up in SPAM folders. Please make sure that you and your authors set email SPAM settings to allow emails from “firstname.lastname@example.org”
Please note: authors that have published their papers on arXiV before submission/acceptance of their papers in ACM ICN 2016 are required to publish their papers under “Open Access”.
For your submission, please follow the rules:
- Long papers should be no more than ten (10) single-spaced pages, including figures, tables, references, appendices, etc. Papers longer than 10 pages will not be accepted. For short papers the limit is six (6) single-spaced pages and for posters and demos the page limit is two (2) single-spaced pages. Papers longer than those limits will not be accepted.
- Include names and affiliations of all authors in the title page.
- Please do NOT number the pages of your camera-ready paper.
- For the camera-ready version of the papers, authors are allowed to use 9pt fonts, in order to include reviewers’ comments and comments from shepherds. Fonts should not be larger than 12pt. Papers should be formatted for printing on Letter size paper (8.5″ by 11″). Text blocks must follow ACM guidelines for doublecolumn, proceedings publications, with each column 9.25″ by 3.33″, 0.33″ space between columns. Each column must contain no more than 55 lines of text. In order to include those guidelines by default, it is strongly advised to use ACM templates.
- ACM templates can be found under: http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template
- Please provide an abstract of no more than 250 words.
- Submit papers in PDF (Portable Document Format) and ensure that they are compatible with Adobe Acrobat (English version). Other formats, including Postscript, will not be accepted. Avoid using any special characters or non-standard fonts. We must be able to display and print your submission exactly as we receive it using only standard tools and printers, so we strongly suggest that you use only standard fonts embedded in the PDF file.
- Ensure that labels and symbols used in graphs and figures are legible, including the font sizes of tick marks, axis labels, legends, etc.
- Limit the file size to less than 15MB. Contact the TPC chairs if you have a file larger than 15 MB.
All camera-ready papers should have the rights management statement and bibliographic strip on the bottom of the first page left column. Text to be provided after the rights management form is completed by the authors as noted above.
Papers should have Type 1 fonts (scalable), not Type 3 (bit-mapped). All fonts MUST be embedded within the PDF file. Any PDF that is not deposited with fonts embedded will need to be corrected. Assistance in embedding Type 1 fonts can be found here: http://www.acm.org/publications/WORD%20to%20PDF%20instructions.txt. Latex users can follow instructions here: http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/sigfaq#a14. Please download the ACM Digital Library optimal distiller settings file, ACM.joboptions. ACM cannot substitute font types, though. This really must be done in the source files before the Postscript or PDF is generated. If bit-mapped fonts are used, they will not necessarily display legibly in all PDF readers.
May 7, 2016
Paper Registration Deadline (Long and Short) (HARD DEADLINE)
May 15, 2016
Paper Submission Deadline (Long and Short) (HARD DEADLINE)
July 7, 2016
August 15, 2016
Camera Ready Due
September 26-28, 2016